Sunday, October 25, 2009

GUERRILLA MARKETING - WHY IS THIS AMAZING TOOL SO UNDERUTILIZED?

Guerrilla Marketing, people always talk about its successfulness, yet it is so underutilized. I have to ask myself why?? Truthfully, I think the problem lies with our Marketing Communications departments and Advertising Agencies and their lack of creative talent. It takes an incredibly creative mind to come up with wonderfully creative non-conventional ideas that work. The right people need to be present in the Marketing boardroom during brainstorming exercises. I think creativity is not something that can be taught! Companies today are so quick to scoop up the next MBA graduate...but let's be honest here; the most expensive MBA in the world can't transform a business geek into a creative magician. I am an OCAD graduate, back in the day when I studied there; they were not even giving out degrees. Some of the most creative people that I have ever met don't even have a College diploma, but what they do have is that special gift of coming up with the unconventional maybe even weird ideas that attract the masses to their creative genius. There, I said my two cents, hopefully the Marketing communications industries of the world will hear my plea and get the right creative minds in their organizations.


Now why do we love guerilla marketing when it is used, not just because concepts of some of the tactics and ideas are great, but also because it is the purest form of Bootstrapping; Guerrilla Marketing is a way to showcase your business or product in unconventional methods that often times cost little-t0-no money. I’ve found some of the best photos that will show you just exactly why Guerrilla Marketing works and will definitely have you looking at them and going “Why didn’t I think of that?” Here you, go...hope you enjoy.








































No comments:

Post a Comment